With our client, people mean everything to them, they are the lifeblood of the organization. Without carefully selected staff for our students, their current success would just be an idea. The selected candidate for VP of Marketing and Student Acquisition will drive our expected growth to reach an additional 12,000, PK-12 students.
This is a dynamic and data-driven role for a detail-oriented, analytical marketing professional with a high capacity for leadership, project management, and performance. This role will oversee all aspects of marketing for us including leading the marketing and enrollment team at the back office, driving enrollment (both digital and traditional) through an optimal marketing mix, nurturing and prioritizing leads and driving high conversions, maintaining our online presence and reputation, and branding and strategic positioning of the organization against competitors.
The ideal candidate should also be very comfortable in an optimization-oriented environment where rigorous mathematical and analytic approaches are applied to problem solving.
- Leading the marketing team at the back office and utilizing influence leadership at the campus level to generate a high % of conversions, reach enrollment goals, and increase retention and reputation of each campus.
- Leads the development of market segmentation models. Produces financial analyses, projections, and pro-forma based on these proposed solutions.
- Analyzes and drives marketing plans to align with planned campaigns and achieve annual operating plan goals.
- Leading the back-office enrollment team (sales team) through performance management and creating a results-driven and high-energy environment
- Continuous optimization of the marketing mix by allocating spend to channels according to CAC and maximum throughput analysis of each channel. Conducting net income marginal analysis, CAC, and LTV to calculate max spend per recruit.
- Using automation tools and workflow connector tools for tagging, attribution, and tracking and connecting of all aspects of our marketing system including online lead channels, funnels, auto email campaigns, and CRM
- Driving online reputation and monitoring through back office campaigns and influence leadership of local school sites
- Assesses school site and community needs and requirements for defined segments and target accordingly, routinely requiring multidisciplinary projects and initiatives.
- Creates an annual campaign plan with budget and expected ROI and define ROI for all campaigns.
- Designs, builds and drives the growth of a robust relationship ecosystem to create strategic plans for forging and building these specific relationships. Designs and executes on specific initiatives that drive these relationships. Forges, builds and maintains essential relationships with top stakeholders.
- Working with or leading data personnel in creating a robust data collection, storage, and reporting system and procedure for all marketing and enrollment data
- Overseeing the proper updating of all data from lead to conversion in CRM
- Regular reporting of all KPIs
- Nurturing of our online parent communities and web presence
- Utilizing the following sources of marketing in
the marketing mix
- PPC – Google and Facebook and other sources
- Purchased digital and physical lists
- Email drip
- Extensive follow-up by enrollment reps on lead database
- Events and open houses
- Direct mail
- Business/retail partnerships
- DMP and DSP
- Manually buying display in industry websites
- Continuously learning from marketing efforts and optimizing and creating new strategies.
- Utilizing and overseeing agency partnerships strategically and other vendors as required
Required skills and experience for the position include:
- Excellent leadership and management skills in environments driven by high accountability
- Management and PNL responsibility for a $1.5 MM or higher marketing budget
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and ideally SQL, HTML5, R, or Python
- Mathematical modeling including knowledge of using probability modeling, A-B testing, expected value and marginal analysis, linear and logistic regression, and Monte Carlo simulations
- Some experience in WordPress and CMS